Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Recording Mania

I remember mentioning this in passing from a previous blog entry but I don't think I went into the details. I am a part of a group of determined people who are currently making a Visual Novel game. So far, we've had four meetings this January and yesterday's session was centered on recording voice overs for the characters in the game. It was very interesting. There was brainstorming involved earlier in the day and even some storyboarding for the game's intro before we really got into the recording. All the while, one of our background illustrators was sketching along on the side. I think it was an altogether fruitful day.

Our stuff haphazardly placed on a table. And look! Dunkin' Donuts!

Storyboarding session. I couldn't follow their discussion -_-, Meanwhile...
Our bg illustrator at work. Galing galing! :-D

A little shut eye. One of the many for the day.

At first I thought we were going to do the voice overs this way - in a small isolated room one person at a time. But...
...it was done this way. A little interaction to make it easier :-D

Script reading from an ipad. Oh how times have changed.

Epic coolness. The master at work. (photo taken by another resident goddess.)

Here's a little video taken by my brother.

---
For those who don't know what a Visual Novel game actually is, click here for more information.

No comments:

Post a Comment