Monday, January 2, 2012

January The First

It's officially 2012. As expected, we (my brother and I) woke up late, ate leftovers, and bummed around the house until we found out that our friends were at ATC (Alabang Town Center) to hangout. It was a bit of a slow day but I'm glad I was able to spend time with my friends on the first day of the year. Plus, it's January. I've always been attached to this month what with my birthday looming so close.

Moving on...

I've come across a certain thought running through my head that people actually think I'm a serious person. When asked what they meant, they always replied back to me with words such as, 'studious,' 'pensive,' 'severe,' and even worse, 'kinda boring.'

Way off base.


Though I'm not quite sure if I could defend myself about the last one, I'd like to think i'm nothing like those other descriptions that were given to me. Not to say that being studious is bad. It's just that I really am far from being anything like a studious person. Really. As for pensive and severe, those words just make me sad.

I suppose there's nothing really wrong about being labeled a 'serious' person. Why did I even mention it in this entry? It was a passing thought. I just felt like catching it. Let me take a moment to explain that.

---(for those not interested, please do skip this part.)---

I picture my mind as a cramped conference room where there's this small oval table in the middle laden with papers upon papers that are haphazardly scattered on its surface. Then there are five file cabinets on the far wall (which isn't that far really) that are brimming with overflowing papers where the other 'words' or 'ideas' are properly tucked away. Not to mention the other papers flying around the room as if there was a constant gust of wind despite there being no windows.

There are four chairs on each side of the oval table and sitting on them are the most haggard looking men you'd find (I have no idea why they're men. They look like dwarfs actually.) anywhere. They fight and grumble at each other every time I'm awake and I imagine they're relaxing and probably partying when I'm out for the night. And of course, when I think of certain words to say or type (like now), my eight dwarfs scramble and catch sensible looking papers flying around the room and read the written words out loud in a certain order.

Don't want to get more into the specifics but long story short, whatever the dwarfs catch in the air and read, I say aloud.

---

So there. I'm rambling. Not my fault if you understand the whole setup of my brain.

Pardon me. I am now, obviously, off tangent. My first plan was to write about what we did in the mall today but since we were mostly bored, my eight dwarfs must have deemed it too dull to relate. That being said, here's a picture c/o our dear resident goddess.


The peace sign is so passé but I couldn't help myself. Oh and look! The sparkling boy himself.

(For the sake of the confused: That's me on the left, my friend Hannah in white, and Chino with the luminescent skin.)

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha! Sparkly Chino. :)

    P.S. I don't think you're severe and pensive at all! People should have road trips with you more often so that they can see how random you can get. hahaha! :D

    ReplyDelete