Monday, March 19, 2012

Today, I Met My Little Niece

Today, my brother and I spent the good part of our day in Medical City visiting my sister who just gave birth earlier. We arrived a little after 1:00 pm with my sister still not back from the OR. My brother-in-law was there in the hospital room to greet us though. It didn't take long before my sister finally arrived looking incredibly tired (understandably) and about ready to pass out but she didn't go to sleep immediately.  We waited for my niece to arrive but the prep was taking a while. To pass the time, my sister and her husband showed us a doll they bought for their new baby girl. 

This, my friends, is Rosie. 

 

My sister and her husband thought that it'd be fun to have Rosie constantly present in my niece's pictures sometime in the near future. However, for health reasons, Rosie must stay clear until further notice before she actually gets to meet her new friend.

(Emo? hahaha)

 I'd like to now forward this small narration to the part where I finally see my niece in person. You have to understand my excitement. After twelve nephews in my father's side of the family and only one niece, finally, we get to welcome another girl.


Everyone, meet Sofia Gabrielle Avecilla-Riofrio. Born on March 19, 2012, 5.4 pounds at 8:45 am. Welcome to the family my dear niece :-D May God bless you with protection against any harm and with bountiful love from all your relatives. Can't wait for the others of our clan to meet you :-D



No comments:

Post a Comment