Sunday, December 9, 2012

An Ode to Rurouni Kenshin

With all the hullabaloo concerning Rurouni Kenshin's live-action movie screening here in the Philippines,  is it any wonder why so many fans were starting to get antsy from all the waiting since the opening date kept on being delayed. As for me, I was just happy SM Cinema made the gamble and took the chance to get the licensing to show it.

The date they finally gave was December 5 and was said to be a one day thing only. Funny thing was when my brother and I checked a few days later, Rurouni Kenshin was still showing and going strong. Never underestimate a generation of fans I say. 

Fortunately, my brother and I plus a friend of our's were able to watch it on the day Rurouni Kenshin was released. I was even sick then. Still am, actually. BUT, I do not regret going even though I was shivering like crazy after watching the film. If you've ever watched the anime, heck, if you've read the manga, the movie will be a sure treat for you. It was just.......amazing! The casting was great, the treatment they used made it pleasing to watch, and the fight scenes had a quality to it that made it look 
natural. 

Plus, the story line was easy enough to follow and the easter eggs were just a delight to see. Acting wise? Not bad. Not bad at all. 

(maybe because I'm biased? five stars!)



CAST:
Himura Kenshin - Takeru Sato
Kamiya Kaoru - Emi Takei
Sagara Sanosuke - Munetaka Aoki
Myojin Yahiko - Taketo Tanaka
Takani Megumi - Yuu Aoi
Saito Hajime - Yosuke Eguchi
Udo Jin-e - Koji Kikkawa
Kanryuu Takeda - Teruyuki Kagawa
Gein - Ayano Go
Inui Banjin - Genki Sudou

---

As a side note and a little bit of shameless plug, UP AME (University of the Philippines Anime Manga Enthusiasts) held a Rurouni Kenshin live action promotion and cosplay competition last December 2 and Yui for President was invited to perform! Yay! 

Here's a part of their performance: 


(from: Lemon0Zero)






No comments:

Post a Comment